Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#82086 01/08/08 08:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since we have around 6 months or so till our camp sickness ends, what currently are you missing most about camp? What are you looking forward to doing when you go back? First thing, you will do when you are back at camp?

I think I am most missing the friends I made from camp. Last summer, I thought that was over and I was going to make new plans for this summer. I also thought that I wouldn't really see my close close camp friends again since most of them are international. However, I am going back and so are they. So all the seperation and whatnot is past, and I can't wait to our talks and catching up and everything. I even am looking forward to the cold showers the first 2 weeks of camp and just walking at camp again. I am currently even missing the weridness and the craziness of camp. School with finals is so stressful and tiring in so many ways. Camp with the good friends and everyone is so much wanted, currently! Can't wait really... I just put a countdown on my computer.

Whenever I go to camp, the first thing is will be to walk into my room. It has a distinct, wonderful spell that I miss sooooo much. I can even spell it here where I live. I want to spell it from the source.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm missing my friends and just the fun we had every day. It's so much different from "real life" in a good way. I never get to see my camp friends because they are scattered all over the globe so that makes it a bit tougher.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and being back in the camp environment. It's our little bubble and I can't wait to get back into it. The first thing I'll probably do is just take it all in and enjoy being back there.

Can't wait!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss being around people who understand what camp is about. I miss being able to go Kayaking - althoug we have a river near by I don't drive and unless we have had huge amounts of rain it is too shallow to kayak in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im missing my home... Camp is my Home... my house is where I live... but I miss not being judged... I miss that family bond with old friends and meeting new ones...
It's hard to be out in the "real world" because the reason that you love camp is because it's different... thats why people go back... well at least that why I love it... Im going through a REALLY tough time in my life right now... my High school teen years. But camp keeps my in check... I try so hard to make sure i go to camp... one week or 2 is not good enough. Thats why I go the whole summer... Its home... and im really home sick...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aww poor Ave - you need to find one of your camp friends to give you a hug! It wont be long until high school is over! and then you will be in the "real" world and wishing you were back at high school. At least when you are high school you can to to camp with out commments like "aren't you going to get a 'real' job?" and such!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great friends...and the Lake!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss our lake too!

i have to say that I dont miss the staff showers as they were broken and didn't work properly all summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss just being around all those camp people all the time. Most of them go to school out of town, so in the off-season we don't get to see each other that much.

And I miss the weather. It's been pretty nice here for the past few days, but it's still winter.

I miss my kids. They're funny.

I miss the barn, the lake, and creekwalks! Oh, how I love creekwalks, and finding cool things on them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reunion is in 9 whole days... but I cant wait... this was a really bad day for me. and all I could think about was camp...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta agree with the community showers at camp...grasty!!! Although...I may be even missing them too! ;\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss the sunshine - it is horrible and stormy here at the moment but not fun thunder storm stormy - just howling wind and rain ick - oh how I long for the summer and the sun and to be free from SAD for a few months!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate to say it...I even miss the mosquitoes! Not the horse flies though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont miss the mosquitoes - cos last year they had me on meds cos I reacted strangely to them! I went to the Dr and she like "I dont know what bit you but something did!" that was alot of help!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah...I say that now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss our international staff. We had a wonderful set of staff from England, Wales, Ireland, and Australia this summer and I really miss them. They were some of the most outgoing internationals in a while and were quite willing to try anything. They made my summer fun and exciting.

I also miss my campers. I was lucky enough to be Sports Director and so I got to meet every camper and they were amazing. Of course there were a few problems, but I loved the girls this summer. I had so much fun and really got to know the different ages and programs we have --- it was great! I especially miss comforting the homesick campers...they're the sweetest!

And I of course miss the place...I've been there so long, it is home to me. And on really stressful days it'd be nice to go there and relax in a place that is always the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
comforting homesick campers is the one thing i dont miss - having never been camp sick I find it hard to resist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You've never been camp sick??? How do you do it?!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I meant having never been home sick - I am really camp sick - and it is soo hard to be thousands of miles away from your favourite place in the whole world. what I actually meant to say was "having never been home sick I find it hard to relate!" - i guess that is what happens when you are on 3 forums and 3 MSN conversations at the same time.

Last edited by Smudge; 01/10/08 11:33 PM.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotcha! Put things together when I saw your posts on the camp sick thread, too!!! I too, have never been homesick!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I agree with smudge with not missing homesick campers. However I do miss being at camp and being with the campers

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah - so do I - helping run a brownie troop helps though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've always thought about volunteering to get my kid fix...have yet to act on it, though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should - it is fun and you have willing guinea pigs for trying new games out on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully this spring I will find some time. Good idea, though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've never been to "real" camp, but the thing I miss from when I went to day camp as a child would be my friends there. I met my best friend Ashley there and we're still friends to this day!

I also miss the suprises there.. My birthday is in the beginning of July, so we would always be at day camp on our birthday--we being my sisters and I, we're triplets. Anyhoo, I remember one year the camp director pulled my sisters and I in her office and asked us what color should she paint the building.. What we didn't know was it was a setup! They were planning a suprise birthday party for us! It was so sweet.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard