Rate Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many things remind me of camp...smells, sounds, textures, etc... On a daily basis about 100 times a day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facebook is bad for doing that. My friend's actions from camps always pop up on my newsfeed, which reminds me of them and camp... daily temptations for camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah...I just signed up on Facebook. Looking forward to that component!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: big KID
Another thing I'm missing about camp is the smells.

Personally I dont miss the smell of the CTS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright, funny smell story.

So at my old camp, they used this particular cleaner to clean the outhouses in the one unit that had them. Woo, stinky. They kept them pretty clean, but it's an outhouse, what are you going to do, right?

Well, when I worked at a lab a couple of years ago, they had to use this pH neutral stuff because we played with acid and everything, and it smelled like the exact same stuff.

The funny thing is that whenever the janitor would mop the floors I thought it stunk really, really bad, but nobody else thought the cleaner smelled at all.

Go camp smell association. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does CTS stand for? Something foul I assume?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CTS - stands for Composting Toilet System - a glorified pit latren - that churns the waste and turns it into compost - and it really stinks when it is churning! So yes it is foul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eew sick. I'm worried about that-- the GS camp I'm applying at only has latrines. [Oh and 2 sets of flush toilets at the Health Hut and the Lodge]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you develope coping strategies for dealing with lats and CTS's - although CTS's only smell when they are churned! My lat coping strategy involved deoderant! And finding ways to use the flushies first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW...that is not what I thought it was! Stinky but sounds like a good idea!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did you think it was?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was just international abbreviation for a regular old camp toilet! I didn't know there was compost and movement of the poop!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahh, british slang for toilet is loo or bog (which I dont use) - now you know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks!!!! I think... \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure I have just improved your life haven't I - just what you wanted to know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm with you though...I certainly don't miss the smell of our wash house...especially when the toilets are all clogged. It can get pretty nasty!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See there is an advantage to CTS's they dont clogg!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eew gross

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plunging is a part of camp Bailey - especially if you end up at a camp with flushies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I'd rather plunge than think of what would happen if I didn't, lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha see I don't really mind Lats... cause its not like your going to die within 2 mins.... All that you should remember about them is not to drop anything in them... cause you cant really get it out.. not as if you would want to. haha. Plus at our camp we have Kapers... and everyone is assigned to chores around their unit... I always request do to Latrines because you don't have to take a lot of time on them...
Scrub the top... sweep... and bleach the floor... done. it takes 5 minutes... and people don't want to do it. But they aren't really nasty... air freshener. or hold your nose...
clogged toilets I think are worse cause then that toilet is probably out of comission for a bit... haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have Kapers too!

Unfortunately because we have CTS's if anything falls down them they have to be retieved cos mostly likely they are not compostable - luckily I have never had that particular problem to deal with!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kapers.. hmm sounds Girl Scout-y.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um... that is ONE thing I don't think I could do... I'd try but... wait... we get ours pumped...

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard