Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been the key to my impecable health!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish sausage was a veggie!!

I am a SOPHOMORE in HS and I keep getting mail from different colleges... and I Mapquest them just to determine the distance from the college to the camp I want to go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i do the same thing! one of the only things tying me down for schools is camp and Girl Scouts. not my family...but CAMP!
next year will be one of huuuge decisions for me...hopefully not too many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, my mom wants me to stay in town for college! I tell her I want to be somewhere different. I think she doesn't want me or my sisters to grow up! Especially she will go from having 3 kids at home to having an empty house... overnight!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best thing I ever did was go away to uni!

I stayed at home for college and did fine but I had a much better experience being away from home.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I love being away from home to go to school.... I love that indepedence

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO did I - I think it is something that every one should experience! You learn so much more than just academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College isn't about the academics...it's about the experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think academics is a small part of it - but yes it is about the experience as much as the academics!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I consider academics wrapped into the experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think college is academics and social life. As much as I would like to say it is just for the experience, I can't. I have to get amazing grades in college to make it into med. school. But, on the other hand, the experience is everything. It shapes you into you will be for the rest of your life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ooh med school? What do you want to be, a camp doctor ;\) J/k lol

I want to be a kindergarten teacher

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha... I want to be a neurosurgeon and work for Doctors without Doctors.

That is great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doctors without Doctors? Do you mean Doctors Without Borders?

Ooh neurosurgeon, thats nice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm really camp sick. especially this week. In my school we have a HUGE project that we MUST do in order to graduate. We start in 10th grade... and its through 11th and 12th also. Since my HS is a Tech school, we must do our projects on our "shops." I'm in Culinary Arts so I was thinking about how I could tie that into camp. So for my BIG BIG BIG project I'm going to be doing "Food Management for a Residential Summer Camp." I have to go into SO much detail so when it's all said and done I would have the knowledge that I could organize the Food management part and planning. Its going to be amazing. But thinking about it SO much is making me miss home (camp).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, like senior project? Our school has those too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah like a senior project but more elaborate. Ours is through 10th, 11th, and 12th. For 12th we have to demonstrate our topic... And I have NO clue on how I am going to do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, yes... I am watching american idol as i wrote that.

We have a new type of senior project. We have to get all this stuff about our lives and do all these little projects (like resumes, etc). Then write a huge paper adn then an interview.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's really cool!
as far as i know...we don't have a senior project...but i'm sure i have much to learn...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that once you graduate, have a family and are removed from college, you will understand what I mean about the "experience". Not to devaluate grades...they are a big part of it, too. It is life preparation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know I have graduated and still think that the study was an important part - the reason being that if you can learn to apply yourself at uni you can apply yourself to whatever you want - whether it is being a stay at home mum or a neurosurgeon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm ready for college, whatever it brings me.
i can't wait to see who survives their freshman year from my graduating class. or rather, who doesn't.

the lives that the kids at my school lead are ridiculously cushy. a kid got arrested during class for drug possession, and got off with a mere service charge. 10 MIPs were given out at the last school dance, and only 3 of the kids have kept their charges.

i can't believe what our world is coming to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no. At my HS today, my teacher informed me two students were arrested for doing some inappropriate stuff.... in the hallway!!

Disgusting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some students at my school were arrested for baking drugs into brownies. Oh the creativity of those kids. Why can't it be redirected?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't understand why they would want to waste brownies that way - but yeah it was very creative!

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard