Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BK: that is disgusting!

and what an incredible waste of tasty brownies!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I was reading the first few pages of this thread and wondering why I was doing this to myself! I was just sitting there reading about other people's camp-sickness and getting more camp-sick each time! Now I need to actually get off the discussion obards since no one else is online and thus no one is replying to my posts, and I need to make effective use of my time, eith do homework or get to bed as it is now 4:15 am and I found the disscussion boards as part of my research paper, and well, you guys probably know how that goes, getting really involved in this after deciding to take a quick peek! oops, that was probably 2 hours ago! ha stupid needing sleep and camp being 5 months away.

I think it is cruel that camps start putting out the brochures and applications and doing interviews a whole 6 months before camp so then for the next few months all you can think or talk about is camp, and your real world friends get sick of it, and then you are camp sick for half the year! I understand why they do all of this stuff now, as far as timing and getting everything done and all that, but it is kind of evil! ha

ok good night, and happy camp memories!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally have been thinking about camp since I got home to the UK last september! Have been camp sick for that long too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, you get that appplication and start talking to CDs in January, and then you have to wait till JUNE to leave for camp. Very, very cruel thing they do to us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I applied to CA about 2 days after I got home - just long enought for me to start getting over the jet lag! I then had to wait until Dec before I emailed my CD - my camp doesn't usually start hiring until feb! But I had my placement confirmed in January - something like the 2nd jan - have just been waiting to do things like sort my visa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats good. We have to complete evals at the end of the summer and then we have our personal evals of our work done. We know then if we are really invited back. Then, on our eval, we can say if we are interested and not. We get send app. Jan. but I have known that I was going back for a while. I am not sure whenever we get a contract.

Haha, speaking of VISAs... I have to sooner or later chat to my guidance counselor today about finalizing my trip and getting one of those pesky things, lol.

That is good that you have a permentt placement!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah - we were told at our end of summer evals if they would rehire us! Then at the beginning of feb we got cards sent out to all those who were told thus asking if they would be returning - which was funny cos mine arrived a month after I got my placement confirmed! While my friend in the US is still waiting for her card! I am just waiting for my contract to see what I will be going back as - prob the same as last year although I did try to get the CD to create a new position for me dont think that will happen.

The visa's aren't that bad - a bit expensive though but def worth it if it means that I can work at camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting. I am so happy that you are happy with everything. \:\) We got a letter and application. But, we talk to the CD a lot.

I am glad to know that. I have this crazy thought that the UK will say I am a danger and a criminal and throw me out of the country into the water and then I will have to swim to France... \:\(

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL!

Where in the UK are you headed! I dont think you will have that problem - even if you were a criminal they would just not let you out the airport just put you back on the plane back to the USA.

I spoke to my CD last week which was cool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are the crazy thoughts that go through my head while I drive. I am headed towards Oxford area. Haha, okay... I am glad to know that I won't have to swim the English Channel!!

I spoke to the CD once for a quick amount of time. I will have my formal interview soon!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
We get mailed out returning staff applications in January or so and then once you send it in they call for an interview because all staff get one, no matter how many years, but the returning staff interview is ore like an update on camp and what is new that summer, and an update on you and what is new with you and maybe more kid experiences or something. I am not sure exactly how everything else goes, since I got a combo of the returning and new staff interview and filled out the new staff application, so I guess i will find out next year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, we all get interviews too. I am actually really looking forward to mine. i am no longer nervous about getting the position or anything, so it will just be talking to my boss about the new summer that awaits!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Exactly! I love my interviews because it gives me a time to talk to my boss, who I have known for 6 years both at camp and during the school year, so it is really cool!! She tells me all about the updates around camp and whatnot! Yay camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just talking aboout to camp people that live camp...just like this board!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
def makes being away from camp so much easier!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is, currently I am a little less camp sick, so I am happy! But, it will start up soon!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
absolutely, I love talking to people all around the world who love camp just as much as i do so no one thinks I am weird or obsessive or anything, or if they think I am weird, they are too!

I love seeing what goes on at other camps too, not just mine. It opens up my mind a little more to other camps ways of douing things. I also love seeing the similarites, like song you would not think anyone else in the world would know, and definitely not love, but there are people who know and love the same songs all over!! YAY!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss camp so much...these last four months just seem to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
though each day is closer, it can't seem anything except that they are getting longer...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finally know when I am flying out to camp and that def helps with the campsickness cos I knew exactly when I get to go back! That is in 4 months and 2 days!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I like the countdown! my Myspace has a countdown to camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a ticker on my CA signature and also my talk camp one! I have jet to get around to adding it to my facebook page. 4 months and 1 day. Yipee!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I am getting excited for interviews

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a ticker on my computer homepage that says how many days, mintues, seconds to camp. It is actually somewhat depressing, because it is so long!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
yeah but camp will come soon though

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard