Rate Thread
Page 2 of 57 1 2 3 4 56 57
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no idea how long until I get to go to my camp. I have my final year university exams in May/June but camp starts early June so I really hope all my exams are early so I can go. I don't know if CCUSA or the camp would have a problem with me missing a few days at the beginning if I had to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure that you will be able to work something out with them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah.. I'm starting to get to know them on our camp website. I love working with internationals because everyhting just seems to be that much more fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just out of curiosity - how so?

It is cos so much of it is new to them or just because they bring new cultures and traditions with them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the culture and traditions... but also the fun jokes and hillarity (sp?) of trying to figure out what everyone is talking about. Last summer I listened to one conversation and sisn't understand a single thing because of the different vocab. Also, I haven't traveled at all so everything is new to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ Yeah, I totally agree. I want to travel to every country an international was from.

Angharad, I wouldn't worry too much. We had two internationals arrive at my camp quite late. One came 10 days late. The other camp around 3 weeks late. The first due to schooling, and the second do to a family emergency I believe. It should not be a problem at all. The frist was new to the camp, so it was a little hard at first. Because, on the way home from teh airport, we were trying to cover an entire 10 days worth of information, etc!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I worked out my camp count down in days yesterday! 116 days! Yeah - it is getting closer every day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Argh! I have 120 days. 120 days to my Neverland. (I love that idea of calling camp Neverland btw). Because, it truly is Neverland. You can feel like you are 30 outside of camp, but whenever you walk onto the camp grounds, you feel like you are 8 again. True bliss!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
107 days for me!!!

btw night owl we're at the same camp! lol its cali here btw. i'm so excited for summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats really cool that you guys go to the same camp, and know each other!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
that is pretty awesome that you know each other! I keep a lookout for people from my camps, but none so far, and I don't think i will find anyone. Who knows though!

I got the idea for the Neverland thing from my CIT director who is 31 years old now! so for her it truly is a Neverland!

126 days and 11 hours! maybe plus a few hours though, I will have to fix my countdown when I know for sure!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one from my area frequents the board...but one of the posters, goof_oak, was staff at the camp i have applied to back in my camper days.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
yeah, I have done a tour of one of Night Owl's camps but other than that I don't even know of anyone else who has a camp in Washington!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one does mine either. Not all of them are camp geeks. I guess they have more important outside lives...dont know how though! I would recommend you to my camp, but its a travel from Washington.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I might be looking for a camp in a few years, so I might look into it then, but for now I am going to stay at my camp and get my 10-year! Not this summer but the next one!! I don't think I will make 15 years so it might then be time to look into a completely different camp. Maybe an all girls one, with longer sessions to go completely different! I know someone who did her 13 summers and stopped because she knew that she shouldn't or wouldn't be able to come for her 15th summer. So instead of going 14 summers and being 1 summer, just 1 summer, away from that she had to stop after 13.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh how sad!
if i get hired this summer...i will be working on my 8th year! ahh i feel old-ish!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we talking years working at camp or number of years attending camp? Working camp (if u include day camp): 4 years
Attending camp: 10 years.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
8 years on staff, or at the camp? because I have only done half a summer on staff. Last year we had someone get their 10 year as a Day Camp Assistant, so he is like 16 years old, so he had to start going to camp in like 1st grade. And someone who is on her 3rd year (or maybe second) on staff is getting her 15 year this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 years attending camp as a camper/CIT/and hopefully staff!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it would probably be at camp.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
126 days and 9 hours now!!! hehe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
119 and 20 days or something! I think we begin camp on the same day. June 15th by any chance?

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
no, actually I head up on the 21st, which I am actually glad that it isn't the 15th because I have to be at my cousins graduation on the 14th so then we would have to drive 5 hours back that night (though graduation is in the morning) and I would have to be at camp at like 9 the next morning. I would have to pack for camp while also packing up my dorm room. Normall camp would have started the 15th, but they are mixing it up this summer and going a week later in the summer. It should be awesome!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I haven't seen anyone on here that I know face to face. Cali and I will meet in June and I will also meet Goof_Oak. Goof's the CD. I get to camp on the 4th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is really cool that you get to talk to each other before camp. That is actually really amazing that your CD is on the board. That must be very nice!

Page 2 of 57 1 2 3 4 56 57

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard