Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 56 57
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
What college do you want to go to? and for what?

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to go to University of Rochester for a double major in neuroscience and international health (pre-med).

Are you in college? Where do you go/want to go?

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
wow, nice! Actually 2 of my fellow counselors go to U of Rochester! Cool! One of them is the one that I want to come back this summer! The other one I don't like!

I am going to Eastern Washington University for a major in Elementary education!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how do u like it at eastern?

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I like it! The winter kind of stinks, but my classes and professors are good. I like my dorm and the food isn't bad either!

Where are you going or thinking about going? and for what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure where I am going to go. Hopefully in September (finances permitting!) I will start at a comm college and then transfer. I for sure want to work with kids, but am not sure if as a teacher or in some other position ie GS or Campfire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats really cool. Do you know if they like Rochester or anything by any chance? Sorry to ask you! \:\) Campkgurl, do you live in Seattle?

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
that's cool. Eastern has a great edu program if that's what you are thinking about doing. They also have a program (though I am not sure about its quality, but I am sure it is good) for Outdoor recreation, I believe it is called, so if you want to work at camp. They also have a Children's Studies Major, which goes more into the programming/admin side of education I believe and has other options for working with children. We have elementary and early childhood, along with a special education endorsement. On campus is an observatory elementary school!

Wow that was a big plug for eastern. They should be proud! haha

That would be really col to get into CF as a career, but I think what I will do is be a group leader! By the way, Camp Fire candy is amazing, right?!?! Most the people on the board haven't tasted it and it left me baffled, but living where you do, you have to have tasted it, right?!?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I've tasted it!!! However, since I work at Girl Scouts camps, I probably shouldn't admit to that! LOL! I have thought about eastern in the past, but wasn't sure if I could stand being that far away from home.

Now, after this summer, I should be able to tell!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Far away from home?? I love being away from home. It is amazing. I really like it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets put it this way:

I have never been past Leavenworth!
I have only visited Victoria, BC on a school field trip!
I have only been through Portland to Depoe Bay, OR! (about 1/2 down coast)
I have never flown!

See why I said far away?

I have literally lived in/around Seattle my entire life!!!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
In a way it is far away, but in a way it isnt. I have a camp buddy who goes here and lives just an hour north of my place so there is a ride, and i have met someone else who lives in the Seattle area with a car. A lot of people are from the west side and I only pay about $25 in gas money for the trip. Also, flights can be anywhere from 100-250 bucks, depending on when you book them and when you are flying. It is a really easy flight too, and short! If you go here, we could even fly the smae flight! haha

I do understand tohugh, it is an adjustment, but one that is made fairly quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love being away. I just live better under my own decisions and whatnot. Whenever I am truly 100% liable for me, I work a lot better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year I start my count down early even in though I wasnt hired until mid feb! (I know sad!) this year I waited until I had my flight date confirmed before doing so!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
115 Days... I was almost in tears earlier than evening due to stress and whatnot. I seriously miss camp so much right now. I do not know what to do. I just want to forget about school and just like the rest of my life in the woods, working with kids. Whose needs school, lol? I just feel completely stressed out and just insane right now. I just want to be back at camp with my camp friends laughing about something stupid or sleeping in that hard bed ever. I just want to be there. I would even give up a lot to be told off by my CD or someone...haha- my CD has never yelled at me. I would want to be at camp just for that to happen. \:\(

How do we overcome this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think i'm at 102 days until my train leaves for camp i'm so excited!!!!
i miss being at camp a lot too. and having my camp friends to sit up in the tent laughing with me all night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm at 116 days and am going crazy!!!!
It's been an emo night because I've been watching camp videos instead of studying!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
aw, that makes me want to look at my camp pics and the staff slideshow and listen to the staff CD! Actually what I really want to do is look at my momentos, but those are at home, not school, so that is sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 months 2 days 7 hours 18 mins 27 secs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still have no idea when my camp starts and if I will be able to make it in time when I do know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is tough - i would hate not knowing when everything will be!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm in the same boat, sort of, Angharad, i haven't gotten an interview scheduled yet! soon soon i hope!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm heading down to camp a few days early for Ropes Training this year, so that leaves me 104 days till I move down to camp. Yay!!!!!

I can not wait for Camp Grove Point to open for the summer!

...Even though I'll probably be there almost every other weekend this spring doing various Archery, Kayak, and Team Building activities with troops...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like lots of fun in the run up to camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One up point to loving to go to training classes, and living within an hour of camp.

Spin1157, I'm in the same boat too!

I've already started a packing list, and I have not even signed a contract for this summer yet... although I have started the paperwork.

Page 4 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 56 57

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard