Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 57 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 56 57
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
ouch!

Yeah, in the school systems over here we are big on participation grades! This can translate into behavior, depending.

All through high school I had mostly As so my grade point average was around 3.9 out of 4.0, so that was amazing, but then I got to senior year, second semester and ended up dropping from a 3.85 to a 3.75 cumulative. Then I got to college and your first quarter gades are usually worse because of the whole transitioning to college and living away from people who actually care if you do homework early enoguh, or even at all. However, I carried this right over into my second quarter, so that is bad!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have classes of degree at uni - first, 2:1, second, third, fail
To get a first you need to be getting 70% in your exams which trust me is harder than it sounds and a first is very very hard to get. For a 2:1 you need 60%, second 50% and so on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didnt do well in uni - for 2 reasons - 1 - when I was at school i never picked up a text book to study (didn't have to) and did all my home work - except art - last min sometimes in while sitting in other classes cos I had finished the days/weeks work! (in fact one class I transfer out of cos I was getting the weeks work done in the first 2 of the 5 classes so I would end up using the other 3 classes to do home work - eventually i changed to another harder class. The second reason was that my first attempt at 3rd year I was ill the whole year and in my second attempt at it I had just sort of lost my motivation cos I no longer had anyfriends cos they had all graduated!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sucks Smudge. My grades took a dip last year because one of my best friends died of leukaemia just before the exams but I hope to get right back up this year.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Yeah, it is interesting to think aobut what I am going to do next year since my cousin graduates at the end of this year. I don;t know that I hang out with any freshman whatsoever! I know that I will get more friends who are in the same grade when I get into my program, so I am not insanely worried. Plus my cousin hung out with like 2 people all of freshman year all the time, but now she doesn't even talk to either of them, so I figure that I will find friend in other classes or in my dorms!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Angharad
That sucks Smudge. My grades took a dip last year because one of my best friends died of leukaemia just before the exams but I hope to get right back up this year.

That sucks more though! Glad I only had to deal with my own ill health and that wasnt life threatening - just painful and boring cos I made it difficult for me to read or do any of my hobbies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah it sucked a lot and still does but these things happen and you have to deal with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is soo true - you do!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to camp helps though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't really expect people to die when they are only 19 but it has definitely made the rest of us closer and want to live our lives the best we can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yes looking forward to camp helps. Yay more friends to be made.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
That's so sad! But I agree with you guys on moving on and also looking forward to camp and being with your friends. In 4th grade one of my classmates was diagnosed with a brain tumor and I remember all through the rest of elementary school I was his buddy. I helped him out with things, I went with him to the nurse. We hung out during recess. Then middle school came and we didn't have like any classes together and it was sad. He passed away in 8th grade and I remember the principal's voice over the PA system and what class I was in. I went to his funeral, as did like half the school's faculty and students!

Ok, wow, this is a sad post! We definitely managed to find a depressing topic. I have been lucky tohugh, that nothing traumatic has happened that caused me to not really be able to get good grades, nor have I been sick enough to not go to classes for more than a few days. One of these days something is going to go horribly wrong in my life because I have yet to really have any horribleness in my life. Eeek! Well, back to the grindstone of homework!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Life really could be quite depressing if you let it be. Luckily we all have the joys of camp to keep us going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is soo true!

in 34 mins I will only have 100 days till camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh wow thats very exciting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeap - will have to stay on for at least another 30 mins having realised that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i cannot believe I am still awake. I barely slept last night. Perhaps its because I only ate gingerbread men for dinner.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Gingerbread men are amazing! I can't believe you guys are still up either! It is 4 pm here, so I know it is much later for you guys.

you are sooooooo lucky to have less than 30 minutes until your 100 day mark!! I have 110 days and 16 hours!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's quarter to midnight.
I love gingerbread men but perhaps not in the quantity that I ate them. They are even better when they have icing decoration and smarties buttons and things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many did you have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um you know those tubs of them you can buy from sainsbury's- an entire one of them. It was about 25 of them (about 3inch high). Far far far far too many!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 days! til I am at camp!!!!!

It deserved its own post!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I agree, it did deserve its own post!! \:\)

That is a heck of a lot of gingerbread me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is a heck of a lot. Don't try eating that many. It didn't help that I topped it up with crispy toffee rice crispie cakes.

I'm really starting to worry now that things wont fall into place and I won't end up going to camp this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said I was going to go to bed 20 minutes ago so now I really am.
Goodnight.

Page 8 of 57 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 56 57

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard