Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 57 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 56 57
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
 Originally Posted By: Angharad
It really is a heck of a lot. Don't try eating that many. It didn't help that I topped it up with crispy toffee rice crispie cakes.

I'm really starting to worry now that things wont fall into place and I won't end up going to camp this summer.

I am starting to feel the same way! Although, I have much less to arrange than you do. However, I am beginning to think that my CD has just forgotten about calling me! It has been almost 4 weeks since my interview! I know that I have a job since she emailed me that, but still! It's either that or I am low on her priority list, which makes the most sense! Gah! Her definitiion and my definition of "soon" don't quite match up! haha Oh well, at least I know I have the job! (not that I was real worried even before she emailed me! gotta love going back to the same camp!)

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure everything will fall into place you both.

Angharad why dont you call the camp and see what is happening?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, just call the camp and ask about it. Taling always makes the problem better. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it sounds pathetic but I am a total wimp when it comes to phone calls. I don't mind answering the phone but calling someone is a different kettle of fish especially when I don't really know them. I guess I'll just have to do it though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Angharad
calling someone is a different kettle of fish especially when I don't really know them.

a different kettle of fish? haven't heard it put that way before!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, yeah... That's cool. I might start saying that... lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love that saying. Heaven only knows where it comes from!
My CD phoned me today but I was at Tescos. He always seems to pick the times when I'm out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor you! Maybe you should just try to stay at home during the times that he usually calls...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The thing is that he calls at random times. He has called me everywhere between 11am and 9pm and will ring and then if he misses me not call back for several days. I know I really should just ring him but at least today he told my housemate that he would call at 6ish so I know to stay here for then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, well, that's good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if he doesnt call back then maybe you should bite the bullet and call him even though you dont like too - I know what you mean about not liking to call people you dont know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call me crazy, but I sometimes get nervous calling people I DO know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not that bad - but I am gonna have to call someone I have only met once soon! and I am stressing about that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I wish you good luck. And mainly my problem is if somebody other than them picks up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many people seem to have this problem but its not like anything bad has ever happened to make me feel so nervous about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know, I think it just comes from being shy...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's probably true. I don't mind answering the phone though but I guess there is less of a choice about that and youre more likely to know the person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm it's 6.40 and my CD hasn't rung yet even though he said 6ish. Apparently it took him about 1/2 hour to work out what time it would be for me so he might have got it wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he meant to say 7? I sure hope so!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hooray Ive had my phone call now. Slightly panicked because he now wants me to go through interexchange not CCUSA and it looks much more complicated and requires more organisation on my part! I like that he wants to go through them because they are non profit but eek!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inter exchange look expensive. Have had another phonecall and now might be going through CCUSA again. I'm so confused. And I might be the horseback director!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have never even heard of Inter exchange! Hope you have gotten everything sorted now!

Hoorse director should be a fun challenge!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd never heard of them either. My CD is getting in touch with CCUSA and seeing which costs us both the least so I still don't know what's going on yet. Horseback director definitely sounds challenging. Hopefully it wont push my abilities too far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about some of the other organisations - camp leaders, Iccp or camp america?

Page 9 of 57 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 56 57

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard