Rate Thread
Page 10 of 57 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 56 57
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ccusa is the cheapest in terms of the fees we pay. i dont know from the camp directors side though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah!

I looked at ICCP and their deal for returners isnt that great.

I have only paid CA ?200 + visa money! but I applied before the cut off date for the returner discount!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't that still a lot of money for working? 400 dollars. To to seem ignorant, but what exactly does CCUSA do for returnings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I meant... "Not to seem igornant." haha! I can't wait for the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know what you meant!]#

Not sure about CCUSA - but for my ?200 that I paid to CA - I get return flights to the USA (worth about ?500), med insurance($500,000 worth of coverage!) and visa sponsorship!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they arrange flights, help sort out visas... that sort of thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smudge do you know if the camp have to pay for the flights or if CA do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think CA - but camp pays CA something like $1000 (if I remember correctly from my contract!) But the flights themselves are booked by CA.

I could book my own - but I would still pay CA the ?200 and would only get an extra $500 or so in my pay so it isn't worth it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can check my contract from last year if you want!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It never seems like a very good deal for the camps to me. I feel bad that I probably cost them quite a bit more than regular US counselors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I remember from last years contract I got paid about $500 less than an american UL - but it worked out that if you count the full amount camp had to pay CA camp paid out $600 extra for my services above what they would pay a US UL (just wish i seen more of it!) - hope i explained that clearly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just wanted to pop in on the countdown since I can officially do so!

I have 104 days until camp starts!

I was offered a position today as a Group Leader at a day camp. I'll have a few weekends/evenings of training before then. It's a day camp that strives to still have a camp feel which is what I was looking for. I'm so excited!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
116 days until my camp starts :D. i am so excited, a summer of new experiences!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
109 days for me!!!! I know I said that earlier, but I am feelign the need for a pick me up since I still have like 4-5 pages left to write by tomorrow!!

Here is a helpful hint to all of you still in school- in particluar those of you who have or will have English classes.
Though they reccomend you choose a topic you are interested in, make sure you aren't TOO interested in it! haha My paper is on whether or not mild-moderate developmentally disabled kids should be included in regular camps or if they should have their own. Well, without this paper on camp to write I might never have found the boards (that would be tragic!), but I would have been done with my paper by now! haha This was my downfall and thereason i still have so many pages to write. I spend all my time on the boards! eek!

I also found out today why it is taking so long for my CD to cal me. Apparently she has been sick and then delivering the camp brochures to places around the area, so she hasn't been in the office. She emailed me when I asked her a question about the special needs kids program at Camp K!! She should hopefully be calling soon now, unless something else crazy comes up!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found out last night that precamp starts on june 2nd! I have no idea how many days away that is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
90 days away!

I am now into single figures in my count down! 99 days Whoooop!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow 90 days isnt very long!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
108 for me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grr... I'm so jealous of you all! June second? I'm not even out of school by then!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how long is everyone spending at camp? I am there all from june 2nd to august 31st!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3.5 weeks. From July 21st to August 13th.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
10 weeks!!!!!! I start on June 21st and I leave sometime around the 31st of August!

I am with you there Campluver! I don;t get out until the 13th or so, and I am in college!! Last year I was a senior and we got out on the 13th- hey wow, i never noticed that before- but the other students got out on like the 21st or something. I don;t know of many schools that do get out that early!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we arent technically meant to finish before the 20th but they are supposed to put all final year students exams within the first 3 weeks of the 5 week exam period. Whether they do or not I can't say for sure until april 14th when they publish the timetable but I am just hoping for the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens if you have to do an exam when you're supposed to be at camp?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
um then im screwed. it's unlikely. i hope.

Page 10 of 57 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 56 57

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard