Rate Thread
Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tried that! It didnt work as well as the candle!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
good to know! I hate using lighters to build fire!! The two times I had to try I burned my thumb.

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lighters kind of freak me out. I hate using them. I do like matches however.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
matches are fun to use! so are the lighters that are meant for the brbeque or something, where they have a handle with a trigger and then a long stem (I don;t know what else to call it) to where the flame comes out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are cool! My mom once had one in the shape of a match, so it was like a giant match/lighter thing...

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
That's amazing!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are also ones like that in the shape of a pistol that light up when you pull the trigger. kind of creepy really.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
that one is really kind of creepy, I agree, but the match one is amazing!!!! I might have to invest in one of those when I am finally allowed to have candles again (the dorms prohibit candles, so I have no use for a lighter at the moment)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i like to have matches or a lighter around for if i ever need them. having said that I really never have (apart from lighting our gas hobs) so I don't really know why I do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like matches, the most. The only time we use lighters if we can't find any matches (which for some reason is a problem sometimes, lol). Or especially if it is raining, its a cook-out, and we are all starving, we might cheat with a lighter. I personally like the challenge of flint and steel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ive always fancied trying to light a fire with a stick and some string- you know what i mean right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is my goal for this summer - i am going to try it!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I am going to try to get better at collecting wood. That is usually my problem as I hate finding wood so the minute I became counselor I delegated that task to my camper. However, when your campers are more interested in playing with the sticks or bring you back handfuls of useless stuff and not enough good stuff, you learn mighty quickly that somethings need to be done yourself, tohught kids certainly will be told to "help" with getting firewood!

OMG, I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was on that last sentence and my phone rings and the caller id says Camp K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I practically did a happy dance before anwswering the phone with a calm "Hello" as opposed to what I wanted to do, which was "YAY!!!!!!" They are going to be sending out my contract soon!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a very ironic/slightly strange story at least to my mind. Last year, I applied to several camps, however there were two that I really wanted to attend. I had the job at one, yet it didnt seem like it was going to stand through. Anyway, I was waiting and waiting to receive a call or email from the other camp. I wanted so badly to just know something. So, one night, I dreamed about getting the call and talking to the person. The next day, the person called.

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
woah!!!! that is strange!!!

I got an email this morning, so I was wondering if she was going to call today, but I wasn't going to expect it since she said sometime this week and it is only Tuesday, but she called!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok wow so I'm majorly new and just read EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE POSTS on this thread! Took me all bloody morning lol!! But OMG!! This'll be my first time at camp so not exactly sure what nalgene is lol? And why can't we use our real names at camp? I'll be teaching swimming too!!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
A Nalgene is a really strong (supposedly break-proof) waterbottle.

Some camps use real names and some use camp names. We are all sort of unsure on the actual reason behind this, though there are plenty of theories! One is that it prevents post-camp counselor/camper contact. Another is that Mr. and Miss are too formal for the camp setting, but when camps first started first names were too informal. So, camp names were a compromise.

I personally like the theory that it is just fun! but no one really knows!

I love your dedication to this thread!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can imagine that it took all day to read!

Nalgenes really rock - and they can be put through industrial dishwashers too!

Smudge loves being smudge at camp cos you dont have the baggage that Anna has!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha true!! Well I'm gonna have to look into this nalgene waterbottle!! It must be rock hard and sturdy as lol!!

I'm looking forward to making up a name and using it. If my camp does that.

But also looking forward to all the things that you guys mentioned in this thread!! Far out there was so much ha ha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which organisation are you going through Kristina?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going through CCUSA. I see a lot are going through CA on here. I didn't even know about them til after I signed up lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I am the only one here at the moment going through CA on here - but I there are soo many organisations.

How do you cope without a members forum? We have a wonderfully active member forum - it is great fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CCUSA has an Australian forum...someone just hacked into today though so right now not coping lol!!! I LOVED THAT FORUM! Was a senior member lol!! But yeah we have a forum lol. Just migrated out into the ACA and Worldwide one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ah - I heard that CCUSA did have a forum! Oh the evil rumours that abound on CA!

that sucks that someone hacked it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does it have a rubber chicken obsession?

Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard