Rate Thread
#92349 03/25/08 02:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am preparing a presentation for nexts week CampWest conference on Food Service Staffing Solutions. Could you please list your top 5 chief complaints regarding your food service staff?

#92370 03/25/08 04:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all let me say that I have known some OUTSTANDING food service staff, and some "less than outstanding" as well...and most of this is for the younger staff, who perhaps this is their very first job outside of babysitting.

#1-poor definition of CLEAN.

#2-unsatisfactory time management skills and/or planning ahead skills.

#3-don't realize that a serving size at camp is WAY BIGGER than normal because everybody is doing so much physical activity so they eat more.

#4-don't take into consideration what the kids will actually eat when planning a menu. Just because lima beans is a healthy veggie doesn't mean it shoudl be on the menu every week...especially if you end up throwing away most of them because nobody wants to eat them.

#5-being unwilling or unable to accept that food allergies exist and how serious that can be. we once had a kitchen staff that didn't beleive that a particular food allergy was possible.

Last edited by Canoe_Instructor; 03/25/08 04:15 PM.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard