Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 35 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 34 35
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
haha! when you get a text message and you ignore it because you are too busy replying ot the posts!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when your friend has to ask if you are there cos you have been chatting and suddenly go quiet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you wake up in your room in the middle of the night and FREEK OUT hard core cause you have no clue where you are or your campers. That's the one thing I don't like about camp... waking up 3 times a week for a month like that!

Which leads me to an off topic story but I'm going to tell it because it's so easy to get back on topic with this topic.

Our PD decided to play a prank on one of our counselors, we will call him Jim. So Jim was the only counsleor in his cabin and when he wanted to go to staff snack one of the program staff would stay in his cabin while he was not there. So during this time the staff member who was there had the campers make their beds to look like they were sleeping, grabed extra sleeping stuff and took them to the CIT lodge. The point was to make Jim freek out because he lost his campers. Jim comes back from snack and goes right to bed, never notices that his campers were not in the cabin and sleeps by him self for the whole night. The next moring he finds his cabin in the chappel before our thought of the day and acts like nothing happened. How he kept his job, I don't know? I guess it's a good thing he's good at what he does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm...I don't really see the problem, so maybe I'm reading it wrong? He asked someone to watch his campers, and they made the beds look like they were in them, so why would he notice they were gone? I would assume if someone was looking over my campers, and they didn't tell me anything was amiss when I got back, with the beds made up like that, I probably wouldn't have noticed either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha thats funny
-cause he should of noticed in the morning cause why would he leave his cabin if it looked like everyone was in bed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha ha sorry... The staff that was watching his cabin went back to his cabin to sit and wait for him to come back and told him his campers were fine and gave him no problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So were the campers alone over night then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, and where were they if they weren't in their own beds?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The CIT's were in their training portion of their 4 weeks at camp so they were in a cabin that had 3 staff in it. And since they were boys there were enough open beds for them to sleep in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah!

Sounds a bit crazy to me - but I like crazy!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know you are a counsellor when your computer background is a camp photo - and your screen saver is a slide show of camp pics!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Smudge
Ah!

Sounds a bit crazy to me - but I like crazy!!!!

yeah we pull some amazing stuff off when it comes to pranks all in good fun though...

some of us spend their off time thinking up of ways to prank. It's one of my favorite parts of the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When your background on your computer is a picture of camp...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you have an e-mail address that features your camp name just so you can give it to campers and they won't find out your real name from your regular e-mail address.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We arent allowed to give campers our email address but I keep meaning to set one up with my camp name for camp staff!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so, slighty off topic...but...
I AM EMPLOYED!!!!!! i got the job!
oh man i'm so excited.

so...you know you are a counselor when making little money while living in the heat and bugs is your biggest dream!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so you know you are a counsellor when pyscho neighbor is keeping you awake so you use that time to be on camp related forums!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aww psycho neighbor? poor smudge.

you know you are a camp counselor when getting an instructor's hat makes you feel like a million bucks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When people trust you enough to teach archery even though you are really accident prone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when all you do all day (even if ur at work....my bad) just sit on here and refresh the pages every 2 seconds hoping someone has replied and also have CCUSA and Summerworldwide pages open........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When other peoples computer backgrounds are pictures of camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when the first thing u do when u get home is jump on the forums and forums are all that u think about at work haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when filling out boring paperwork for taxes, etc. is more exciting JUST because its for camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha yes true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wen u get excited wen u see a message from CCUSA, CA, campleaders, Bunac etc in ur email box

Page 13 of 35 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 34 35

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard