Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 35 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 34 35
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Yay for whoever came up with the idea for the CBIAB! I know my CIT director got the idea from her CIT director like 12 years ago, so I have no idea where it orginated, but I think it was my CIT director who started calling it a Counselor-Brain-in-a-Box!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
when you type a word that starts with a "ca" or even sometimes a "c" you automatically finish it off "camp"!!!!!! hahaha I do this soooooooo much! I am applying to be an Orientation Leader at my school for next fall and I am typing camp left and right!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am always doing that! do you think it means we are obsessed?

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I think it must! Not to mention as I am filling out this application I am realizing that I have no life outside of Camp Fire! My summer is devoted to camp and my school year (at least until I left for college this year) has been all about camp and my Camp Fire club! Most of my experience in anything is somehow related to camp! I was applying to camp this summer and needed 3 references. ummmm, this is even more difficult for me than most as my summers haven't included jobs, but camp, and my winters have been occupied with my CF group. Now this wouldn't be so bad, aside from the fact that the advisor of my CF group is also my CD!! haha so I can't use my best reference to apply! Of couse, then she already knows me so she of course uses this info in her decision to hire me! So in a way it is like i have 4 references!

Another funny thing about this is that my friend was talking to one of her references about his conversation with our CD and she said that since she has known us for so long and so well she would feel guilty not hiring us (unless of course we do something horribly wrong like get arrested ot drink on camp pr something!)!! haha, we have a summer job as long as she is there! Of course and new CD would also have to be craxy for not hiring us back with all our years of experience with kids and with that camp! haha Set for life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call my students 'my kids'. I tend to accidently confuse people I meet into thinking I have a bunch of my own children. And then trying to figure out how I do at my age. I'm sure I do the same at camp, but so does everyone else so I don't get the odd comments.

Yes, I have 69 kids. No, I didn't adopt them all, they're my students.;)

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
Absolutely! I don't really know if I confuse people because I say "my kids" and then correct myself if I feel I need to and say "my campers".

I am going to have a lot more kids, especially if I keep having more summer kids and my non-summer kids! Yay for being a teacher and having lots of kids! As an elementary teacher you have 20-30 kids a year! Thank goodness we don't have to give birth to that many kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always call my campers "my kids." I've gotten a few weird looks and a few people asking how old they are and how many I have for that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to tell this story...but is so sad, but funny. I was talking to someone at my part time job about "my kids"...meaning the 7th grade kids I teach. Well...he knew what i was talking about. I said, "Well, I only have 7 (meaning in my class)." He said, "Wow, just seven." I said, "Well, they are diagnosed mentally retarded or emotionally disturbed, so that keeps me busy with seven." The funny part. This other guy was doing something nearby and said, "Um, I dont mean to be rude, but this explains why you looked mad when I saw you at the store." I was like, "What does that have to do with looking mad." He felt so bad, it was like his heart was crushed for me. He said, "Oh my goodness, I couldnt do that, I would have stopped after 2." Thats when I realized he thought I have 7 kids of my one, all with disabilities.

SO NOW, I always make sure people know what i am talking about when i say "My Kids"

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
haha, sad but funny!

I was recently at a book fair at my elementary school. I was looking around at the books and one of the people running it asked me what grade my kids were in! I was like, none, and then explained that I was looking because I work at a summer camp and also want to build my collection for when I become a teacher. The sad yet funny part is that I looked old enough to have a 5 year old, at least! Of course it is physically possible for me to have a 5 year old, but I am only 19! Of course, I don't blame her since I was at an elementary school book fair, and I was obviously not a student there and book fairs aren't exactly a high traffic spot for people who don't work there or have kids there! i was there visiting teachers so I found out about it! woot!

I have other times my age was questioned, but i don't recall any times where people thought my campers were my kids since I explain it when I am around those who don't know me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My co-reading teacher was doing the airport run and booking 8 kids on as unaccompanied minors on the same flight. The man at the security desk thought they were all hers. And she's only 21!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
hahaha, amazing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you are upset nalgene's are pulled off the shelves. \:\(

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soo true!!!!

When you spend the day looking for inspirational quotes and making up your planning sheets and diary etc!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you sing camp songs everwhere you go including the hallway of your school! \:D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah - I have done that! Now I just teach them to my Brownies!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I love this quote that I saw on talk camp as ARam_Kelp's signature!

"I laugh at those who only know one song that gets on everbody's nerves. I know at least twenty and will sing any of them in order to avoid sing the Princess Pat again!"

haha, amazing and so totally true! Although for me Princess Pat isn't sang enough at my camp to be annoying, but each person has "their Princess Pat" that is sung soooooooo much!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
people probaly think i'm crazy! but thats ok, they are just ignorant of camp's happiness!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when people say to me that they think I am crazy my response is to question that they only think I am crazy - do they not know it yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha! yay my friends just say what the heck cor-cor, or oh, cor-cor. (band nick name)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my just tend to role their eyes and laugh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but my friends aren't known for their seriousness, and borringness either. They are all campy people!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
My cousin is the one who usually makes fun of me for it since my other friends are camp people of some sort! She just calls me weird or a dork! haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont really have any friends who are campy people over here but I think they have just gotten used to my camp obsession and alot of them are really supportive and think that I should be taking advantage of the chance to go while I can!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
that's cool that your friends are cool with it! My friends are okay with it, but they love to tease me about it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah i get teased too - but more cos it seems to run my life than cos it is camp if that makes sense!

Page 16 of 35 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 34 35

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard