Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 57 1 2 53 54 55 56 57
2,000 to 2,500 posts
2,000 to 2,500 posts
I leave tomorrow. I won't get to camp until Sunday... but leaving is still cool.

- Teenster

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I leave tomorrow!

I can tell almost everyone's gone - no new posts for 18 hours. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm still here, 5 days to go!!!! Can't wait!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I have been at camp for 4 days and yes my journey was a nightmare.

After being delayed for ages at Heathrow and not really being feed on the plane (the food was aweful!) it then took over and hour to get though emigration and then they decided that they wanted to re-xray my luggage.

Then finally I got out of the airport and then we got lost in Boston trying to get onto the interstate.

I finally got to camp at 6am british time - to say that I was tired would have been a complete understatement.

So yeah I am now semi-unpacked and settled into my pre-camp cabin!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
That's so sad that you had a horrible trip!

Yay for being in your cabin and settled, at least partially!!!!!! Now you don't have to travel again until mid-August!!!!!

5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope my CD emails us soon to let us know officially that Friday is the prep day and also when we need to be there!! This means i only have like 4 days to do everything, from all my appointments to hanging out with friends and family, and packing too!! eek!!!! that;s so close!!! But I am home now!!!!! My brother;s girlfriend just got here and when the doorbell rang it was weird since I have been in a dorm room for the last 9-10 months so people had to knock!!!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smudge,

So sorry to hear the trip was so horrible:( I'm glad you made it to camp okay and your settling in \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's too bad, Smudge, I hope it is much better on the way back. You probably have more experience than I do, but when I would travel internationally it would always take longer to get to the US than to leave. Perhaps it is inefficiency on our part :P

I have 4 days left. My husband and I drove up to the front gates of the camp just so I could find out the length of the trip, how much gas it took and what kind of weather I could expect (At least sort of.) It looks beautiful up there and it is sooooo close to one of my favorite towns in San Diego County. I know that I will be stopping off there now and then on our days off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 14 hours I'll be in the car on my way to my first full day with campers! I'm so very excited!

I'm sorry the trip there wasn't much fun, Smudge. Hopefully the trip back will go much better. I had a trip home from camp that lasted 12 hours or more longer than expected one year from fun with airline delays. It sucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
391,358 seconds to go, lol, had to post this because I have a silly countdown machine that tells me random ways of counting down. This one truly made me smile so I had to share \:\)

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
that is an amazing countdown campingqueen!

Have a great time at your first full day with campers, Flower!!!!

oh my goodness, aproximately 3.5 days!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it, it's called clockish and it's a mac widget!! It's one of my fave things \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I leave in 5 hours! Damn, I need to sleep.

Since I'm packing my laptop as soon as I'm done, I'll see you guys on the other side. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck getting to camp, Midknyt.

3 days now. 3 days 10 hours or so. I'm very anxious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been at camp for ages - well 6 days and pre-camp start in 2 days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 days 4 days, can't believe there's only 4 more days!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
excited campingqueen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, just a teeny tiny bit, lol \:\) I cannot wait to get there!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do you get there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 days 15 hours 56 minutes and 50 seconds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
almost 2 days more....but my car broke down! I'm hoping it gets fixed before I need to drive up to camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday, so ready to go!!! almost only 3 more days!!!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I got the email officially telling me I get to go up a day early, so I will be there Friday at 9 am!!!!!!!! which means I am leaving at 8:15 am!!!!!!! Which means I have 4 days and 8 hours until I leave!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I am as excited as you campingqueen!

Lostfiniel, I hope your car gets fixed! we had car troubles ont he way home from the other side fo the state and almost had to get the car towed! Thank goodness we didn't! We drove on the 70 mph freeway at 50 mph, thanks to the transmission, but we got here in 1 piece!!!!!! It would have sucked since all my stuff was in the car too!! We packed our mini-van so full that my brother would not have fit if he decided to come along with my parents. Thank goodness he had other plans for the weekend!! Heck, one more rubbermaid container would not have fit, let alone my 6 foot tall brother!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: campkgurl

Lostfiniel, I hope your car gets fixed! we had car troubles ont he way home from the other side fo the state and almost had to get the car towed! Thank goodness we didn't! We drove on the 70 mph freeway at 50 mph, thanks to the transmission, but we got here in 1 piece!!!!!! It would have sucked since all my stuff was in the car too!! We packed our mini-van so full that my brother would not have fit if he decided to come along with my parents. Thank goodness he had other plans for the weekend!! Heck, one more rubbermaid container would not have fit, let alone my 6 foot tall brother!!

I REALLY want to the car to be fixed and working. Getting to the camp requires some driving on roads that are not forgiving to broken cars. In the first hour of the trip there is a section of freeway with no exits for a good 20 miles. The second has roads with no exits for long times, very small shoulders, one lane per direction, and each side has either sheer rock face or mountain. Just before camp, the road is not run by the state so it is uneven, bumpy and then unpaved. I'm going to be frightened getting there in one piece.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I leave tomorrow!!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
3 days!!!!

Page 55 of 57 1 2 53 54 55 56 57