Traditional marketing routes are ineffective.

Fifty years ago, television commercials were great! Essentially you had two or three channels so changing them wasn't an issue, as a family people would sit around the TV and watch each commercial.

Over the years with the invention of cable, satellite, and now the invention of programs that allow pausing, rewinding and recording television, we as consumers have become accustomed to ignoring television ads.

How does this relate to radio? As a society we've evolved to recognize marketing and advertising and tune it out.

Thus, much like TV, radio advertising will be an ineffective use of your marketing budget.

What we're at now with the invention of this 'Web 2.0 (Two Point Oh)', is a revolution in marketing. Much like 50 years ago with the invention of Television ads, we're at the beginning of a new 50 years.

This revolution is all about people, and what's been coined as 'Inbound marketing' and it relies on people, word of mouth and a desire to see advertisements.

How is this done is the main question. You may already know about the explosive growth of sites like Facebook and Myspace and now other sites that may be foreign to you like Twitter, Ning and Digg.

Social networks are the wave of the future.

Now while Facebook, Ning and Myspace are broad networks encompassing any and everyone who may want to join, there's a mini revolution that's beginning to provide exclusive content for individual markets. These targeted communities provide services to niche markets and are focusing on you and taking your feedback and putting them into practice.

For the camp community, a site that has just launched is called Campography.com. The site is 100% free to signup and manage your camp, many of which already have campers, staff and alumni already in them.

I'd be more then willing to talk about any questions you may have about this social networking revolution or about Campography - just send me a message here and I will get back to you.

http://www.Campography.com

Zach Bussey

Last edited by Zach; 10/29/08 03:53 PM.