You're absolutely right Alex. I was definately speaking from personal experience and we both know that personal experiences are usually biased.

I still feel that as a camp or program of any kind you have to weigh the positives and negatives of a situation. One should ask - Who is my program trying to serve? A camp shouldn't try to be all things to all people. Even if it's the noble thing to do. No camp is equipped to be everything to everyone.

Having a scholarship program for low income families where the child has been excepted based on positive behavior, grades, recommendations from teachers, etc. is great, and I whole-heartedly support it. These are obviously the kids who WANT to be at camp.

I also support the camps that cater to inner city youth. I used to be a program director for a Boys and Girls Club camp. Those were our kids. We dealt with issues pertaining to them and their families on a daily basis. It really is apples and oranges and the thing is, no matter how great your program is there's always the parents' views on what they want their kids to get out of camp, right or wrong, and they are the clients as much, maybe even more so, as the kids.

So it looks like you have some things to think about and go over with the powers that be, Johnny. Alex and I both agree that all kids, regardless of income, race, religion, handicaps, etc. should have the opportunity to experience camp. It can provide one of the best experiences of a child's life and there are so many teachable moments and opportunities that come from being a camper.