We have secret buddies but we call them Pixies. Supposedly they pick new ones half way through the summer but last summer we definitely only did it at the beginning and I didn't get my paper in on time so they had already divied them up so I didn't get to do it. This summer I plan on getting the paper in the minute they give it to us! We did a CIT Pixie during CIT 1 since we couldn't participate in the staff one so we made our own amoung us! It was excellent!

We don't have a buddy board. One of our dock sitters (watchers for some camps) has a clipboard and you have to sign in and out with her. We attempt to do a number system sometimes but in the end we just end up writing their names down. When they sign in we assign them a letter and write their name next to it. When we do buddy checks they must raise their hand when we call the letter. Sometimes a few kids don't respond and we call their names. If they don't respond by then we usualy glance up and see them cuddled up in their towel in the meadow (our field next to the waterfront) or in the bathroom. Then they get a talking to and we keep an eye on their movements in and out of the water and remind them to check in and out.

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"