I am strictly a staff member not a member of camp administration. I feel that employers should be able to use the information on facebook and myspace. Potential candidates chose to put the information on their profile. That is how they choose to represnt themselves to their peers and the public. Its fair game.
I am a Resident Assistant in the Dorms at my university and while they don't use the information in hiring if they become aware of contract violations through myspace or facebook our contact can be terminated.
As for camp, my boss asks to see any pictures taken from the summer at camp if we plan to post them. They cannot contain anything innappropriate(drinking at camp, misuse of property, etc.). We are only allowed to tell campers our first name on the last day of the session. Campers can send us mail at camp but apart from that we are not allowed to keep relationships and friendships with campers outside of camp.
I personally feel that employers should take advantage of myspace and facebook. Perhaps i hold this belief because I know my profiles are appropriate and use them to stay in contact with co-workers and my bosses from school and camp.