For all you full-time, exempt assistant directors and program directors - how many hours per week on average do you work in the offseason? Or if you are an executive director, how many hours do your assistant directors and program directors work?

The reason I'm asking is, I work at a camp in Texas as a Program Director. It's a full-time, exempt position (of course meaning that I don't get paid hourly, but rather a salary).

I understand that during the summer I'm pretty much going to be working 16 hours a day, every day. That comes with the territory.

But it's the offseason now and I am apparently ALWAYS expected to put in major hours. I mean, a lot of weeks I am working 60 hours a week. And it's not like we have very many rental groups or family camps or anything going on right now. It's just normal office work.

So my question for you other directors out there - how many hours per week do you work in the non-summer months? I want to know if I am in a unique situation or if the hours are this long no matter which camp you work for as a program director or an assistant director. Thanks!