Well, I'm not really sure how it is handled with our juniors because I don't work with that age group but with our teens, on the first day of camp they sign a camper behavior contract. There are a lot of things addressed in this contract (zero tolerance for bullying, behavior in and out of the cabin, being on time, and so on) and the contract has to be signed by every kid within the first 24 hours. So at this point, they all understand our expectations of them and when they don't hold up to their part of the agreement, there's a consequence. Is that too much of the school route?

How is daily programming set up for your camp? Do kids get to select a different schedule every day or every couple of days? Our kids sign up for new activities every morning, so they get the opportunity to completely select their own schedule every day. I think this may be one of the reasons we rarely have to deal with kids refusing to do activities or showing up late to activities because they have control of their daily schedule.