DTP:
Our younger campers go to assigned program areas. These are required, and the campers come as a bunk. The older campers choose electives, so they each have their own schedule (on an A day/B day rotation). The electives are chosen during the "off" season through a campminder form. The older campers do have a chance to change their schedule twice during the summer.

I am a big fan of the behavior contract. We use them in the bunks, and have tried to use them in the program areas before. I was thinking about bringing a version of it back to the program areas this summer. The problem is the consequence part, in addition the behavior in the moment is also difficult. What are some of your camp's consequences if a camper breaks the behavior contract?

Mr. Adam:
Your program sounds like it works best for your camp. I know that it may not work for us because it is a lot like school. We do not want to pull campers out of a program area completely. In addition, we cannot hire one staff member just to be in charge of camper discipline. I do like the five step idea.

- Teenster

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident