Absolutely. That could have been a disaster in the making. You would have been one upset teen away from the end of your career. At one of my camps I wasn't allowed to take my 8 6 year olds of the same gender as me (female) back to my cabin without our roommate group or my co-counselor there. The only place we could be if we did not have our co-counselors because they were on their 2 hours off besides programming that had a program staff (art, pioneering, challenge course) facilitating was the meadow because there were 3 or more program areas in the meadow. You know how hard it is to do rest hour with 6 year olds in a busy grassy field?!?!? No naps for them ever... or really even quiet time. You also know how hard it is to find enough program staff facilitated activities to fill 4 hours per day with 6 year olds?! Impossible. There weren't that many time slots open for us to do that much art! I had one co-counselor who didn't speak enough English to have gotten the job in my opinion (a LOT of think on your feet problem solving happens that she didn't understand and couldn't reply to) so that whole week I took 2 hours of meadow time every day so she could have another staff member with her at all times. Thank goodness I know a lot of meadow games- both run around and quiet kinds!

anyway, off topic! Safety and protecting yourself and your campers is key, so I am glad you had the idea to stay away from that position!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"