I lead/worked a day camp that worked on the same site of a resident camp. Most of our staff rotated between working day camp one week and resident camp the next. I stayed with the day camp the entire summer.

The camp day of day camp is just so quick! There are so many things to do, and it always seemed like we were running out of time to do them. I actually don't remember really having any down time (except at lunch), we were always on the move to a new activity. Our day camp was bigger than the resident camp, and we kind of took over.

Staff, in general, didn't like working day camp because they didn't get to know their campers like in resident camp. The day camp staff lived in units with resident camp staff and that caused some drama at different parts of the summer. There is usually some down time for staff in between day camp and when they have to report to their unit. Have some sort of "short but fun" activity planned for the day camp staff. Have a treat for them or give them time to reflect on how the day went.

I loved day camp, and I actually miss it.

- Teenster

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident