I thought I would but in with this discussion as someone who is going to school to become a teacher. I feel as though there is 2 reasons why a teacher would want to work summers, either they really like children and camp or they really need money. I feel that the best ways to support teachers and make them want to come back is by offering them time off. This time off is something that teachers need, by this I mean like an extra hour break or a period off. Another way to support them and make them want to come back is probably the most obvious, money and benefits. This one is what keeps me coming back, it doesn't even need to be that dramatic. Maybe a $200 raise every year you return. Also one more thing I completely forgot about that could also help is the chance for moving to different positions at camps, as you may know working at the same place every summer in the same spot gets boring after a few days into camp. You have to keep them moving positions every summer or offering the opportunity to do so. This keeps them fresh and interested in camp, and even offering them the opportunity makes them feel as though they can move around and aren't stuck.

Most days, I cannot tell you what the date is but I can tell you how many days until camp starts!!