I agree, ndurante.

I think we do a pretty good job on returning bonus pay. At least I felt that way as I have returned year after year. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of opportunities to move up in ranks at my camp. We have a lot of established people in the main admin positions. I lucked into my job when someone couldn't come back.

I also agree on the period off thing. I think we have to be careful with the period off idea because of the other times in which we allow staff to have time off. Staff usually get every other night off and a day off each week (Not sure how other camps do it).

This summer we are going to try something called a "mentor period" where myself and one of the assistant directors will work with program directors and provide support. We could be really serious and have a talk about programming or we could even have some fun and visit another program area to participate there. It's still a work in progress. We just want to make sure the staff feel connected and supported at camp, just giving them a period off might not work. With the "mentor period" they kind of have the period off, but at the same time they're doing something.

- Teenster

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident