I saw the picture and I cant imagine eating that. The food at my camp was actually pretty decent this summer. They tried out a new scheme of serving the food, where the options were; Hot Lunch (always different but always Pizza on Mondays), Cheese Sandwich, Turkey Sandwich, Tuna Sandwich or Bagel (Plain, Butter Cream Cheese). As the group leader, I would receive an order form for lunch and I would mark down what the kids ordered and what my counselors wanted. I would then submit it to the kitchen and when we went to lunch, I would grab a tray and go to the food line and get the proper amount of each item. Of course, if the kids wanted more, they would be able to get it themselves. By doing this, the camp as able to generate an average amount of each type of food consumed and thereby reducing the cost and wasting of food. It was a great idea but there were some problems. 1 problem was pretty obvious; What if the children change their mind about what the want to eat? This was resolved by just allowing the children to go and get the food themselves after receiving their original meal and the lunch staff would gladly switch their meal with the one they wanted. Problem 2 occurred when certain children would order the same thing over and over again (bagels). This was an unresolvable problem though so we only forced a kid to eat something else when the childs parent called and complained, which was an extremely rare occurrence. The 3rd problem was that the food would somtimes make me a little sick. I remember one time after having chicken tenders and potato wedges, I was feeling extremely nauseous, we had this same meal one other time which did not make me sick. I had also heard of kids vomiting soon after lunch. This was NOT a rare occurrence which to me is NOT OKAY AT ALL. Honestly I began to consider bringing my own lunch on some days. The part that annoyed me the most was how the camp would just cover up when kids got sick by just saying that it was hot outside and the child was dehydrated and the parents would take the bait every time. Other then these problems which are only hiccups other then getting sick, the food was surprisingly good.

I'm going to create a forum on the topic of nurses at camp which is a huge issue that my camp needs to address

Most days, I cannot tell you what the date is but I can tell you how many days until camp starts!!