So this summer I returned to the same camp for a 3rd year. After working at the same camp for 3 years, I started to notice some issues with my camp. Most of which are minor and I dont mean to put down the camp in any way, I think that the camp I work at is an amazing camp and I believe it to be one of the best day camps out there. There is one issue however that needs to be addressed right away and it is one that you would think would not be a problem and that is the nursing staff. I believe that our nursing staff is absolutely horrible. So here is a quick overview of our nursing staff: We have one mobile medic who is EMT Certified and he is a great guy and very good at his job. He essentially drives around and takes care of all the booboos and scrapes. If there is anything beyond that, he takes them to the nurses which is where the problem begins. There are 3 nurses and they are always in a bad mood and do not administer proper care. There was one instance where a fellow co-worker cut his finger open pretty well. The nurses told him that it was fine and he only needed a band-aid...well that night it was still bleeding and he had to go to the hospital and receive multiple stitches. There was multiple incidents where a child would fall and be taken to the nurse for a concussion analysis only to be told that the child was fine and was able to go back to their activity with no analysis completed. There was one incident that involved me and a child. I work as an aftercare counselor and one day, when camp was over, I was taking a 6 year old kid to the nurses office to see if the nurses were still around and could provide a band-aid. Once we arrived at the office, the nurses rudely asked "What do you want??" I asked if we could please get a band-aid and she replied in a nasty tone "We are not working anymore you cant have a band-aid!" This got me angry and I looked at the kid and said to him "Sorry, the nurses want you to bleed to death" and I had to walk the kid to the other side of camp to get a band-aid and by the time we got there, there was a ton of blood covering his leg. Many of my kids have complained about how lazy the nurses are and it makes me upset that they dont even trust the nurses.

I hope that I am the only one experiencing this problem. Please let me know what you guys think of this.

Most days, I cannot tell you what the date is but I can tell you how many days until camp starts!!