Wow-- the camp nurses suck. I experienced similar issues at 2 of the camps I worked at. At one of the camps, after the first week of camp, we only had camp nurses on the camp site part time-- yes you read that right only part time. The nurses would be there from morning med distribution until the night med distribution-- no overnight coverage what so ever. That got me mad because the last week of camp, one of my campers had a diabetic emerency ( very low blood sugar) and the program director was pissed she had to be called in to help and somehow it was me and my co-counselors fault that my camper had low blood sugar even though he seemed fine and was showing no symptoms until later at night.

At another camp I worked at, our camp nurse was around 80 and could not do anything and she would always be taking naps. Again we had a camper with diabetes later at night and she went to bed. She had the door locked to her office and we had to get the camp director to get he master keys to open the door so we could wake her up-- I was banging on the door and was screaming for her to wake up and she was in bed at 9:30 PM. Come on really? What staff members who are supposed to be on duty goes to bed that early espically when you take 5 naps a day?

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.