Quote:
Originally posted by camper:
we are not allowed to sit down at meal at my camp until the prayer has been said, they are pretty general ones since we are mostly jewish but not all. a different camper in the oldest age group is asked to start the prayer for every meal. for breakfast we do

father, we thank thee for the night, and for the blessed morning light, for us and food and loving care, and all that makes the world so fair. help us to do the things we should, to be to others kind and good. in all we do in work or play, to grow more loving every day!

for lunch:
oooohhhhh the lord is good to me, and so i thank the lord, for giving me, the things i need, the sun and the rain and the appleseed the lord is good to me.

we do this one for all the meals as well and dinner most of the time:
evening is here, the board is spread, thanks be to g-d, who gives us bread.

the campers learn the prayers by just listening to the older kids, they learn them all usually by the end of the first week.

Nnnnnooooo - now it's going to rain all day tomorrow. We use to sing the sun and the moon and the appleseed. This was an attempt for it not to rain after we sing this grace - it worked most of the time. But then people started singing it the original way and it rainned again.