As it seems much of my topics are those that in turn turn out ugly, I feel a duty to reply to my friend's departure. I wish for all of you to read this sincerely and take it with a grain of salt. This I hope will change the board for atleast a little while anyways.

Firstly, I need to express how good of a resource this board is. The things we discuss in here quite frankly could be life or death situations, could really screw up or make peoples lives, believe me, this place is capable of changing the world at least in small ways. That sounds cheesy and cliche, but I beg you to deny the statement.

Secondly, we all have our childish and heated discussions, and the latter of those two are necessary I believe. The former however needs to go. I understand that even I myself get into childish manners as a last resort of loosing a debate. I hope we can tone that down. And I mean everyone. Stan did it once, Canuck did it, I've done it and I know all of you have done it. Let's just reread our posts after they are done and we have taken a few deep breaths. It's really not that hard.

Lastly, its utter stupidity to leave this board if you are a valuable resource and are gutsy (or self-assured) enough to actually back your opinions. To many times the genius' of the world do not get credit for novel and amazing ideas because they are too frightened to experience the humility that will come initially. I for instance feel that some of the rules at camp I allow my kids to break. Sure, a lot of people don't agree with that, but that's life. It's a part of the game. What the disagree'ers should do though is try to convince me otherwise with academic and learned information, not personal attacks. We are all adults (most of us anyway) and this is a medium with which we should further our knowledge of the camping and childcare world.

I beg for you to reconsider Adam, your values although sometimes contested will be missed and put a hole in the UBB itself. I know I speak for most in saying that no one should leave situations on bad feet. Retie your sneakers and hop back in the ring you damn canuck.