I'll add my two cents on this ...

First, I agree with those who are saying that we need to remember that there are people on the other side of these screen names, and we should not resort to personal attacks. Posts often lack tone and inflection, which may cause people to misunderstand the meaning or intention of the posts (we can only use smilies for some things). And I know that we do not all want to preface everything we post with "this is my opinion, don't judge me for having one" so we sometimes post with the assumption that we're all adults and will at least respect the fact that others have a right to their opinion. On that note, I agree that everyone should probably take a deep breath before responding to a post. However, I also know that we will get personal with our responses and that's probably not going to change (even with deep breaths!). But maybe it's just something to keep in the back of your mind.

As for Canuck leaving the board, you do what you've gotta do. However, I would like to say that I do not appreciate the suggestion that keeping other members happy is my (or anyone else's) responsibility.

I do hope that Canuck chooses to return to avid posting, but his leaving is not the end of the world, people.