Summer 2001 I brought about 600 wooden spring loaded clothespins with me to camp "just in case." One day during dinner I sent a few campers, each with a clothespin, over to hug our ACD, Smokey. I showed them how to clip the clothespin discreetly on her shirt, shorts, shoes, hair, etc. She did not notice for several minutes, while we just cracked up. Gradually the clothespinning grew into this INSANE situation over the course of the summer. She was a great sport and would always pretend like she did not know the kids were pinning her. The campers LOVED it and would hunt me down at meals to get clothespins. (Smokey would "return" the clothespins to me every few days, by putting them in my bed or something like that)
It even became a great cure for homesickness for a few kids! They really got into it!

However, the ULTIMATE prank involved Smokey's golf cart. My 2 unit assistants and I took her golf cart in the middle of the night and parked it in front of the dining hall. Then we painted the entire thing Pepto Bismal pink (with Tempera paint which washes off with soap and water!). You must understand that Smokey is NOT a "pink" kinda girl! We filled the bed of the cart with pink balloons and tied pink bows all over it. We had also made a big crown out of poster board (complete with pink puff balls glued to the points of the crown). We taped the crown to the roof of the golf cart and then completed the project with a poster that said"Princess Smokey's Puff-mobile"
Here is a picture of the puffmobile on my website http://www.geocities.com/spiderandi/camp/puffmobile

YAY!