Canuck, do you read what people are posting. Hey, you are free to say that I haven't posted anything of substance, but admist all the "yelling" that I apparently have done, I made the following points, all of which I feel are valid and worth discussing, but you did not respond to them. If you don't want to get into it, that's your choice, but this is why I'd like you to lay off the America bashing, because when the issues are brought up, you change the subject. And, for the record, in the several posts that I've made about this, I've questioned "it's inappropriate for (you) to be doing here" once. Oh, and please feel free to post any substantive points that you have raised that I did not respond to. Here are points that I have raised which, IMO, were substantive, but you choose not to respond to.

Quote:
The average American is a middle to low-middle class individual who is trying to put food on their table, send their kids to college and make live better for themselves. This is no different then the average Australian, Brit, Canadian, and so on. Do I wish that more Americans were concerned with global issues and the world as a whole, yes, but I can say the same thing about every single country in the world.
 Quote:
Yes, comparing the standard of living shows that Americans make a heck of a lot more than does the median world citizen. But they pay more for food, gas, rent and in their daily lives than does the average global citizen. We live where we live and we not only pay what that market dictates, we make what the market dictates.
 Quote:
Please tell me why George Bush sending the military to Irag, an action not supported by a lot of people in this country equates the American citizenry kicking the crap out of Iraq? America is a Republic and we elect our leaders but they make the decisions. And frankly, lots of people who support the war feel that lots of Iraqi citizens would've been added to the totals of the mass murdered had Hussein still been in power.
 Quote:
... many Americans do a lot for global causes. You began the argument about America within the global community, therefor I will use that venue for this discussion. I am not saying that Germans, Mexicans, etc don't do enough. I never even used the word caring.

My favorite part of this whole debate is that at one point you downplayed any global concern that Americans had. Now that it is possible that Americans have global concern, that no longer matters in your eyes, now it's expected. I agree, Americans should be thinking globally and acting, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be acknowledged.
 Quote:
Again, I said nothing about how good a counselor either you or any other international staff members who have anti-American sentiment are. I said that it was a point of concern, though and it remains one. In my mind, having that sentiment results in the counselor bringing that baggage with them to the camp and, as a result, can result in several negative things.
 Quote:
Ah, I see, we are supposed to allow you free reign to make comments that we disagree with, in a tone that is troubling (to some of us), just because we're supposed to be the bigger people. It's funny how you are claiming to have your name dragged around, yet you were the one who started name calling. See, as an individual you feel that your name is being dragged around. As an American and as someone who sees the sacrifice and good of Americans, I feel that our name and reputation is being dragged around.