I didn't address that because I'm growing tired of this going nowhere and it being totally fruitless.

The evidence was anecdotal because Cuse said that a bunch of Americans who travel abroad are on tours that never leave the bus. Cuse was directly trying to discredit statistics that show the numbers of Americans who travel abroad. He/she said
 Quote:
the only reason some website says that Americans travel just as much is because it's including the 14 day tours
As such, Cuse was putting the difference, which was several million people, was those included in 14 day tours. If you are going to try to undermine the facts using that point, you first need to show how many people are on these tours and that there aren't a significant number of non-Americans on similar tours. You can't just undermine a statistic by saying
 Quote:
i sure as heck see a lot more Americans on the tour buses and fancy hotels barely experiencing anything different than their home country club.
Cuse said that there are eight million websites with differing numbers, well the surely Cuse can find one that shows that there is such an overwhelming number of Americans on tour buses.

I agree with Cuse's point that Americans can stand to learn more from experience and less from the news (who IMO, are not doing their jobs these days). Yeah, some American tourists don't leave the tour buses, some don't experience the real parts of the country that they visit, but if someone is going to try to show that such a huge number of American tourists travel via tour(perhaps never leaving the bus) show me the numbers. Saying that "i sure as heck see a lot more Americans on the tour buses and fancy hotels barely experiencing anything different than their home country club" is anecdotal.

But this gets back to my original point in that most Americans are middle to lower-middle class people who cannot afford to travel abroad. They are worried about paying the rent, putting food on the table and sending their kids to college. More importantly, you could say that same thing about the average Mexican, Australian, and so on. Throughout this whole thing, we are putting more responsibility on Americans going out and learning about other cultures then we are on other societies.