craziness:

so, the running story is that one of our units is haunted. Yea, I know, hahaha funny nothing to be scared about it's just a legend. Not.

I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but whew! i do NOT like that unit.

So one night, all the staff from that unit got back at 1 am, after we'd all gone out to denny's and come back to camp. We were all in bed, reading or thinking but not actually asleep yet, and we hear a camper start to cry. The poor girl was sobbing hysterically, really loud, and so one of the staff from our cabin got up and put on shoes and went over to check on the camper cabin. The rest of us stayed in bed, and about 5 minutes after she left, the sobbing stopped abrubtly, and all we could hear were the crickets. Then the staff member came back and she walked in our cabin and was all... there was no camper crying. And we were all, what? and she told us she'd walked into the cabin and heard the crying but she couldn't tell where it was coming from, so she shined her headlight into each girl's face and they were all DEAD ASLEEP. no tears, nothing.

So this staff member got back in bed and we all settled down, and then 5 minutes later it started again. She got up to go check on it and I decided to go with her. The second we stepped foot outside the cabin, the crying stopped, just like that. we were about to go back into our cabin when we heard someone walking down the path towards us... but we shined our flashlights and there was no one there. It was really freaky.

So again, we went inside and got back in bed. We were all drowsing, mostly asleep when we were woken up by someone SCREAMING. It sounded like someone was screaming right outside our cabin door. But there was no one there.

Scary. Or not so much now. But keep in mind that this unit is known to be haunted at our camp. We have had counselors spend the night inside the bathrooms because they were too scared to go outside (everyone says they heard something walking around and around the bathrooms when everyone was in bed) and little brownies have woken up counselors in the middle of the night hysterical, claiming that there's a girl standing outside their cabin crying and moaning. it's not a fun place to sleep, whether or not you believe in ghosts. And after this summer... hmmmm...