the GS camp I work at uses camp names also like many girl scout camps. We come with names or get named during staffed training. Outside of camp the camp names sticks the camp directors are know by there camp names year round, most counselors, camp aids I don't even know there real name and when I see some of them at council programs that I am volunteering at or working they call me by my camp name Rainbow.

My first summer at camp I didn't even go to training and since I had never gone to GS camp in the summer as a girl. I didn't know you needed a camp name till the first morning I was there. So since I was wearing a hello kitty hat with a rainbow on it. A junor GS thought that should be my name and the rest is history. Wow that was almost 4 years ago! I have also been given two other names Rambo becuase I am all over camp doing work all over as the assistant program specilaist and Paparazi becuase one of the many parts of my job is that I am the camp photographer and I am always clicking the camera away.