Boomis is right, the camp name thing is based in GS camps, and most likely will never change because it is tradition. I know there are some GS camps that went to real names, that's cool, they can do what they want. I know of some other camps that aren't GS camps that use camp names, and I don't get it. It's almost like they copied off of the GS camps or something.

Yeah, camp names are silly, and mess with the whole being yourself thing. Also not telling the campers your real name isn't really honest... but I just go with it. It's true I don't call any of my camp friends by their real names, but like I've said before, that helps me identify who are camp friends and who are school friends.

Some background info on my camp name. I got the nick name in high school. It is based on my real name... Tina. Is there a difference between Tina and Teenster, no, not really. Maybe when I'm at camp, and I'm Teenster, I'm a little more outgoing, but that is about it. But, I would be more outgoing at camp if I had a camp name or not. I also think that if I worked at a camp without camp names, people would still call me Teenster, because it is just a nick name that has followed me for about eight years now.

Camp names are cool, but yeah... they are a little weird.

- Teenster

ISU PRIDE!

Caring - Competent - Confident