i really shouldn't be posting on this, since I'm rather irratable at the moment, but...

your name does not define who you are. if that were true, then why am i not exaclty like the thousand other amys in the world. my name doesn't really mean much to me, it's just a lable. I know that it isn't that way for some people, and i honestly respect that you like your names more than i do, but just because someone doesn't go by their full name all the time doesn't make them a different person. My grandfather has gone by Bob since he met my grandmother a bazillion years ago, but his name is actually George, and he's not any less of himself for it.

What about people who go by middle names? are they trying to decive people so that no one will trust them? if you found out your friend Fred's first name was Bob, was this a huge betrayal issue and you'll never be able to trust him again? Just because the camper's counselor's name is Sarah doesn't mean that that is actually her name, what if her name really IS Snow White, but she just forgot to tell her camper? that's the same kind of a lie. or is it just that one doesn't seme to be a name, whereas the other is?

I never once felt disconnected with my counselors because they had strange names. the only time it was a problem for me was when i had to explain to my friends at home why my counselor's names were "Gallileo" or whatever. If i'd ever had anything to confess to them, i would have done so, without ever thinking that they wouldn't trust me with their names, or that thus they must not be trustworthy.