Bear with me here, as this is hard for me to explain.

Calico and Allison, although they look the same and have the same voice, are two very different people. Allison grew up with constant teasing for her deformed ear; she never had many friends, and was quite the loner. She was a bibliophile who didn't like to be in the outdoors any longer than she had to. Very quiet and reserved, she was not an eager leader.

Calico, on the other hand, has not been influenced by society's constant demands of conformity. She was "born" (or created, whatever you want to call it) in a place that accepted all differences. Her ear received no more attention than her smile, or her abilities as a CIT. She is always ready to sing a song, lead an activity, or read a story to any child, camper or no. She is the leader who loves children and is not afraid to act "childish" while being herself.

In short, I am both Calico and Allison. Calico is not a "new" persona; she is just a different side which is not welcomed in the outside world. Camp is her home.

What I'm getting at is that while I have two names and "personalities", they are both very much ME and are both present in all of my activities. I feel closer to campers as Calico because I don't have the influences of society to appear to be a friend. I can be a friend however I need to without fear of what the next person will think of me.

I hope all that made sense- if anything seems confusing, I'll be happy to explain it further.