I would first like to say that Calico's grandfather argument is not a straw-man argument, this fallacy occurs when someone makes up a arument postion for you and attacks that made up argument, please, look over you basic logic book! Second off, I do not believe there is anything wrong with a camp name just as long as the kids know your real name, that is, if the kids ask. I would like to give an example of name confusion however. My real name is James, and as such, people call me "Jim". I prefer to be called James, however, I am an RA at my university and we have a lot of people who do not speak english as their first language, and it is hard for them to pronounce "James", most often people will say "Jace". Wishing not to offend me, people didn't even say my name (not that I would be offended, they just didn't want to offend me) I found that "Jim" is a lot less difficult for them to pronounce. Now people call me "Jim" all the time at school, and on all offical documents, my name is "James" so if someone from Admin is looking for me, they ask for "James", which confuses people because some people do not know that "Jim" is simply short for James. The first year I worked at the camp that I work for, I went by "James" staff and kids called me "James". The second year, I went by "Jim", simply because I felt that "James" sounded too formal this too caused some confusion because the kids and staf I knew from the first year called me James while the new kids and staff called me Jim, to top it all off my sister works for the same camp, and my family calls me "Jimmy". One staff member said "I never knew one person with so many different names!" Some of my friends even call me "Jay", I got a letter once from one of my friends back home addressed to "Jay Carr", no one could figure out who that was, but the letter got to me any way. My point being? What is a name? I think it is a good alternitive to "Hey You!". Did the kids still trust and bond with me knowing that I had so many different names? Yeah, they sure did.