Eh, you're not going to have campers come up to you and complain that they are being psychologically scarred by the entire staff using camp names because that's just not something campers would do. Think about it; if you attend a camp and every single staff member there goes by a camp name are you as a camper really going to complain about it? You also have to realize that the underlying issues here are not things that campers would really understand. As adult staff members, it is our responsibility to do what is best for our campers, even if they are not conciously aware of it. Maybe we have fun taking camp names and having the campers try and guess our real ones, but it's not about us y'know?

Anyway nobody has answered the question I put earlier. What possible harm could come from telling a camper your real name if they ask for it? I can see no downside of actually telling a camper what your name is, however, I can certainly see a downside in NOT telling a camper what your real name is when they ask y'know?