First of all, those of you that are bringing up the fact that this is an anonymous message board and we all have different handles than our real names here are missing the point of this entire conversation by a HUGE margain. To begin with, almost all of us here are staff members, not campers, and I seriously doubt that any of us are going to turn to faceless people we met on the message boards for serious advice. Meeting people at camp and meeting people on the internet are really quite different, I would think that's pretty obvious.

And I, like Gizmo, am not against camp (nick)names as long as a counselor will tell a camper their real name if the camper asks. If the camper knows your name is Bob and decides to call you Thunder instead, great. But that camper should at the LEAST know what your real name is so if they want to use it they can.

I'll post this question for a third time, and I am going to continue to keep posting it until I get a reply. What possible harm could come from telling a camper your real name if they ask?