Quote:
Originally posted by SweetPeaNW:
comparing camp names to slavery...hmmm okay...whatever.

i wasn't looking for a fight about this, just trying to make a small point.

if anyone is being limiting, it is the folks that are dominating the post. i was just making a case about my personal experence, anyone can share their stories.

i am sure others, like myself would love to debate this topic...but i want to debate it with people that aren't so hard-core set in their ways.

whatever, attack me for my opinions, but i am not going to attack back.
First off, Sweetpea, no one has attacked anyone. You're being dramatic.

Secondly, you may say that you'd like to debate but you're not debating at all. You're saying, essentially, it's tradition, don't go to this kind of camp, end of story. Those against camp names are raising points that they feel are legitimate. Those points have not been responded to. So until you respond to some legitimate points, I'm stuck believing that you have no interest in debating the issue. I like how you say that those against camp names are "set in our ways" but we're trying to raise legitimate issues and create real, deeper conversation. Yet the other side, that you seem to feel isn't set in it's way has only responded with "it's tradition", "this is the way that it is and if you don't like it, go somewhere else" or "if hasn't hurt me so it must be okay".

I'm not comparing camp names to slavery and I believe that you are smart enough to see that. I am saying, though, that the mentality that you presented, which was "if you don't like it, go somewhere else" is an extremenly passive mentality. It is one that tells others not to undertake an issue that they feel to be potentially harmful. It's like telling someone against slavery "if you don't like it, just don't own a slave.