ahhh, well northwoods, it seems you didn't see the forest through the trees. The problem I had with "some traditions suck" is not the fact that some traditions need to be changed or not, as much as it was the fact the statement "Some traditions suck" could have been presented in a batter way. I would like to point out that people have been ripping each other over this, a better more productive debate, would be "how to punish a camper" or "what is the best way to deal with kids who have AS". This whole camp names issue is baseless and utter bunk, after all there is no infomation showing that camp names are in fact harmful nor it there showing they are helpful. I was simply stating that tradition is a good argument FOR the use of camp names. Traditions like "hazing" can be harmful---after all most of us can give examples of the harmful effects of hazing taken too far. However no one has really shown how camp names can be harmful, they are just giving theories on how they are harmful. Oh, and just because people are talking about an issue does not mean that issue is important.