In the end it is a trust issue if you keep your real name secret. Yes, the campers trust you at camp and how you are their "adult" in charge but in the end not telling them your real name means they don't have your trust and/or respect. I know the person in charge of payroll always called everyone by their given name. So the summer we had 8 Jennifers she would never mention anyone by their "nicknames". If you keep your real name secret due to the possibility of campers stalking you then you don't trust your campers to be polite and respectful outside of camp. Yes, it's a "cool" thing to do and in reality camp names, in my opinion, are not a bad thing.

Respect and trust and honesty goes a long way and it is a two way street. To not tell the parents your name, to me, is showing a lack of trust and respect. I mean they've shown you one of the greatest trusts available by allowing their kid(s) to attend your camp and be in your care. In my opinion if a parent asks for your name then I would respectfully tell them my name.

Also no one is going to really agree here on this issue and most are on one end or another. Doesn't seem like many of us are in the middle here.