Havent checked the boards fr a few days and suddenly theres this huge debate going on!
I have just sat and read every single one of these posts and my opinion is...

I have a camp name. At first I hated it, why did kids have to call me some ridiculous name? Now i realise that I am somebody different at camp. At home, I am niks, struggling poor English student who spends 9 months of the year waiting to go to camp and working like a dog to afford it. At camp I become Wallie, bit wacky international with a passion for wallmart, one tin soldier, platforms tents and smores.

My name distinguishes me at camp. The campers couldnt care less if i was called niks, wallie, tom dick or harry. As long as I am there to deer nuzzle at bed time, re start the fire that died during cookout, and start a fairly good rendition of the moose song on the solhiem trail (ridiculously long and hilly trail to get to camp)
then I can be just as close to the kids. Im not putting up a barrier, they all end up knowing my name, im just being wallie.

I also think that the people who have such a bad opinion of camp names should ask every single girl scout what she thinks. Cause it is in the majority of girl scout camps that have camp names and I dont think ive met a scarred for life one yet!