Hi folks. We are fortunate to have really great tasting food at camp. However, as I look at camp ingredients and consider the many problems children are having with their health these days I can't help but want to change some things around. My personal choice to eat more organic and natural products and avoid high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils has made me feel much better in many ways. As a person who also eats all of my meals at camp during the summer I don't like how it can affect my overall health.

I would like to slowly transition our food program to use as many healthier ingredients as I can. We have a lovely woman who runs our kitchen, but we have lots of fried foods and sometimes unbalanced meals.

Any words of advice from other camps out there that have not only good tasting food, but healthy ingredients? Where is a good place to start? Who are your food providers? Good recipe books? Please also give canteen or snack ideas. We cook for about 200 at each meal.