Camper Discipline Policy

There is something I have used in the past has been pretty effective. The important thing is to go over the policy until everyone really understands it.
Remember to document everything, even the verbal warning. We used a discipline chart. As a camp administrator I gave the counselors over each group a new one at the beginning of each week.
Freebie-maybe have the counselor remind the camper of good choices vs. poor choices. Even this you document so that all counselors working with that group know that camper has been given their free warning.
1st Offense-Document the situation. Speak with the camper. Perhaps in some cases discipline is necessary here.
2nd Offense-Again document everything...CYA...It's important. By this time the child is seeing some more stern disciplinary action. At this time we would break out a camper behavior agreement. The counselor and the camper discuss the problem, together list ways to correct the problem, and make a written agreement that is initialed by both the counselor and camper. This agreement acknowledges that in the conversation the camper is made aware of the consequences for further misconduct, whether that be a trip to the director, or however your camp runs it. That is usually the point when the camper was brought to me and I handle it from there after the third offense. So a trip to see the admin staff was after the 3rd offense.
Hope that was helpful. If anything the most important advice I can give is overprepare. Make forms, behavior agreements, clear cut rules. Then document everything and follow through.