As I thought further about it I realized it would be premature of me to ask any questions. I need to do some researching before I even would know where to begin.

In the meantime, have a great weekend! If you are looking for any specific type of places (non touristy) to go, let me know. I have my favorites. If you don't, the best advice I can offer is to stay away from eating in tourist areas. NY has amazing food and not all too pricey. You just have to know where to go.

Ooh a thought. The best pizza in New York (and worth the trek) is Grimaldi's Pizzeria --
19 Old Fulton St Brooklyn NY. It's in Brooklyn right under the Brooklyn Bridge and you'll see a great view of the South Street Seaport right across the river. There's always a line to get in so be ready to wait. When I lived in Brooklyn, it was always the place I took visitors to. I've even gone to pick it up after work and bring upstate for people. Study your subway map and get there! (can you tell I love this pizza?!) Check it out at www.newyork.citysearch.com. You'll also find a ton of other great info there.

Have fun