moose oddly enough. And there is a funny story behind that! I was at an overnight on a wooden outdoor stage that we have with my little 1st-3rd grade girls and the counselor. Well this stage is built on a hill, so the front of it is right on the gorund but the back is kind of far off the ground, which was why I was sleeping over there and my co was on the other side. Well, I was laying there terying to sleep when my co whispers to see if I am awake and if I hear something. I say I don't hear anything, and she tells me that sometihng is sniffing her from under the stage! Apparently she thought at first it was a dog, but we don't have dogs at camp. and then she thought cat, but it didn't sound like a cat. Finally she got it out from under there by shining her flashlight down there and lightly tapping (the girls were asleep!) the wood. She points her flashlight out and sees this gigantic raccoon sauntering away as if to say "I am leaving because I want to, not because you want me to!"

Yeah, then I thought about how we had 6 little girls out here, not to mention myself and my co! I then thought about the special bedtime Embers we had. It involved M&Ms. EEK!! I remembered that racoons can smell food a mile away. So I quickly got up and shoved the food in the very very bottom of my sleeeping bag and zipped my sleeping bag up tight and held it around me really tight, hoping that the racoon wouldn't smell the chocolate!

Also, later that night, my co comes over to the side of the stage, standing on the ground so that her head is a little above the stage. She says whispers my name quietly and finally I look up and see her with a flashlight! Her being there scared me sooooo bad! She was just telling me that she was going to go to the bathroom. OMG, that night was soooo scary so I went to sleep as soon as posssible because I knew that nothing bad had happened on these overnights except mass mosquito bites!

That is the really long story as to why I would rather see a moose. Oh yeah, plus a friends cat we think got killed by a racoon when we were kids.

so anyway,

myspace or facebook

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"